Molly McCowan – Lead Word Nerd
Molly is a professional writer and editor who offers copyediting, book editing, proofreading, copywriting, and more.
- How do I know whether to use “which” or “that” in a sentence? The difference between “which” and “that” is really about the clauses they form. Whenever there is a question of changing “which” to “that,” we should look at what kind of clause the word is a part of ... Read More
- I was thrilled when an editor I admire, Dawn McIlvain Stahl, contacted me for an interview. Dawn is the online editor for Copyediting.com, and she also owns her own copyediting business, Purple Penning. My interview with Copyediting.com is now live—click here or visit the link below to read it. Here’s ... Read More
- Editorial style guides aren’t just for publishing companies anymore. In fact, if you own a business, chances are that you’ve become a publisher in your own right, creating content to attract and engage potential customers. With this flood of content (social media, blog posts, website, brochures, ads, etc.) comes new ... Read More
- I recently taught a class on editing your own work at the Northern Colorado Writers (NCW) association here in Fort Collins, Colorado. The class went really well; there were about 15 students in attendance, and they learned how to do basic developmental editing of their fiction or nonfiction books. They ... Read More
- “Editors” are a dime a dozen these days. Plenty of people think that just because they: a) read a lot, b) are good at spotting typos, or c) picture themselves wearing a tweed jacket and teaching Shakespeare to enraptured students on the coiffed lawns of Harvard, they can sell their ... Read More